They are just pinned on – but I had to post it – I am so excited that it’s almost done! I’ve spent hours this weekend cutting freezer paper patterns, ironing them on to the fabric – cutting 1/4 inch around the pattern pieces – then gluing the seam allowances down – whew!
I changed the collar on the mother angel three times. First it was lavender and it looked too pale – then it was a purple and pink stripe – nope – the third try I like – a purple batik. The little girl’s hair was brown but there wasn’t enough contrast against the mother’s dress – so I changed it to a red floral batik. I added a headband and a big bow to the center angel with the uplifted arms – I think it softens her ET shaped face.
This week I am going to finish the appliqueing – then on to the embroidered details and a finally a border.